Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Hello from Rachael!

Hey Bodilys! I was reading over the past blog that doug wrote for us, and realized that he failed to mention one important fact regarding our cruise-winning costumes. It wasn't just our costumes that got us chosen- it was Doug's SWEET dance moves that he did for the crowd :) ! All of the finalists had to "present" themselves to the audience when their name was called, and doug decided to bust out a few moves he had been practicing on... It was hilarious! I was supposed to be dancing with him, but he took me by surprise and I just stood their in awe... hahaha... I wish we could have gotten it on video for our children to see someday. They would think that they had the coolest dad ever!

Doug and I are extremely excited because the semester ends this week, and we will finally have a little bit of a break from school work. Both Doug and I have to endure finals all day tomorrow, and then we will be free! That's about all the great news that we have. Nothing too exciting goes on around here.

I thought it might be fun for me to tell a little bit more about myself, because there are still some of you that I don't know very well. Probably one of the biggest surprises that most people don't know about me is that I am a certified aerobics instructor and I am known for BEING LOUD! This may come as a shock for most of you because I am quiet most of the time! As Doug mentioned earlier, I also enjoy teaching dance. I have found that it is something that is really special and fun for me. I have had the opportunity to coach various groups such as the Bonneville Honeybees, the Brigham Young University-Idaho Dance Team, and was also the director of the BYU-I Cheer and Dance program for several semesters. Currently I coach at Over The Top Gym, where I help choreograph their competitive routines. One of the greatest benefits of working there is the opportunity to work with my amazing nieces! It has been such a great opportunity to spend time with them and really get to know them a lot more. Here are some pictures of me with two of Marci's girls (Nicole-first picture, right side and Megan-second picture, left side.) Both girls took first place with their duet routines. (GOOD JOB GIRLS!)

Doug and I are loving the opportunity to live close to family at this time. Some day in the future we will have to head off for medical school, and it will be a while before we can come back here and settle down. We love you all and enjoy the time we get to spend with you! Hope you are all doing well!
-- Love ya, Rach--

4 comments:

bodily said...

Hey Rach!
We are glad you are in our family! I will have to come to one of your aerobics classes to witness this LOUD voice of yours! Funny report on Doug's sweet dance moves; I wish I could have seen it too!

Love ya!
Jill

bodily said...

Fun to read about you Rachel...
I need you as my personal trainer..
Maybe I would be as slim and trim...
WE are glad you are part of the gang!!
(Only requirement is to have some "crazy" in you...)

Doug--whoa!!
I didn't know he was a dancer...
Maybe we need a family dance session at our reunion this year..

WE did that at the blackout night at Alturas and had a ball---remember?? (Some of you hadn't got there that night, though)

Come on, Steve, it's not that bad to dance!!!
KBB

bodily said...

Rachael, what a fun report on you and Doug's life. Busy and exciting. Nicole and Megan must have so much fun having you as one of their coaches, lucky them! We definately need Doug to show us his moves at the reunion. Tell him to practice up! Renee'

bodily said...

Rachel,
You are so cute! We are so lucky to have you in our family. I think I can remember a few times hearing your loud voice in Student Council. :) Doug is a lucky guy! Love, Holly