Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Morrills

By Torrey
And who said that those Rupert Bodilys were good for nothin? (ha, ha, ha!) This is a cool newsletter because you can write if you want and you don't have to feel the pressure of being a loser when you don't.

We're still apartment dwellers and counting down the days to the completion of our home. It's a dark and dreary world in the basement! Life is treating us well right now. Brookie is loving first grade, reading like a bookworm, starting soccer, and signed up for t-ball. Kate is screaming less and talking more. Her favorite movie is "Annie" and she loves to sing "Tomorrow". In fact, she thought Elder Oaks was Daddy Warbucks during conference today. Jill is very busy trying to get our family more cultured. She went and checked out Oklahoma and South Pacific from the library. (This is a direct result of Delores having the family watch Sound of Music last month when we were up in Idaho--Thanks Delores!!) Can't say I'll watch those shows again. I just can't see how you can break into song at the drop of a hat? I'm surprised I haven't broken into song as I am writing this blog!...or maybe I have!

Jill is keeping busy by fighting the builders every step of the way to make sure they live up to their promises. (I'm glad somebody in this family isn't afraid to stand up for themselves.) She is also scrapbooking on the side! She is bound and determined to prove me wrong when I said it was a waste to buy all that scrapbook stuff! I'm still teaching seminary and praying for Zach to get hired!

As far as fun goes, Jill and I went to see Michael Buble 7th Row in Abravanel Hall, he is a fabulous singer! He's our new favorite artist! CYL (see you later!)

3 comments:

bodily said...

Oh my word....the MOrrills are still alive and well! Thanks for the great update.
I'm sure that little fiesty Jill will save you alot of money and regret in the end! Be thankful for her! When the builders leave...you LIVE WITH AND PAY for IT! So like you say, make sure they do as promised! We'll be anxious for a home tour! Love ya lots. barb
p.s.(You have to say something worse to offend me Torrey, I still think you like me! HAH!)

Davies said...

You're right! Elder Oaks does look like Daddy Warbucks! We love Michael Buble too!-- Renee'

bodily said...

Who is Michael Buble??
It is a job to build--hope you get in soon.
Keep up the good work studying. It is hard now but you will be glad you did it..It won't get easier..
You've heard all that, right??
kbb