Saturday, May 13, 2006

Happy Mother's Day - Barb


Hey Mom, I knew you would be checking this first thing this morning and so I wanted to be the first kid to tell you Happy Mother's Day and to make sure everyone knows how much I love the moms (Grandma Alice, Barb, and Cyndee) in our family.
I think one of the things all of us kids love about you, Mom, is your ability to lift us up and help us feel like we can conquer the world. All we have to do is hang out with Mom and Dad one Sunday afternoon and listen to them talk to each of us kids (over the phone) ... "you can do it" "we support you 100%" "we are right with you" etc...
For me, I always appreciate being able to call Mom while I am on the road. Sometimes I blame it on the fact that I am sleepy and need someone to talk too but I really enjoy the uplift you give, Mom. When Cyndee and I lived in Rupert, when someone in the ward was sick in the hospital, I can't remember who, I remember you going in there on a regular basis and showing your love and support to them. Someone in the ward asked me why my mom always seems to be helping people in need, and I told them that she does that for everyone she loves including me. Many people tell me of the many nice things that my mom has done for them. I hope I can be that way when I grow up. Mom I love you. Thanks for being such a great example and influence in my life. Happy Mothers Day!
Love,
Redge

2 comments:

bodily said...

Redge, what a wonderful message to your mom for Mother's Day! I really enjoyed reading it, and think you nailed it, your mom is really special. Renee'

bodily said...

She is a great Mom-Redge..
She is thoughtful of so many... I remember when she sent everyone in the family a birthday card one year..
She is great--I was lucky to have her for a roommate for two years...
KBBh